WordPress, by default, automatically displays your most recent posts on your home page. This is great if you post often, but what if you want to use a static page instead? How do you go about that?
The solution is absolutely simple. I’ve written a step-by-step method you can follow so you won’t have to work yourself out. Just read the full WordPress tutorial below and you should get the exact answer you need!
Make a Static Home Page in WP
Here are the five quick steps to setting a still home page for your website. They are made in the assumption that you already have a specific page to set as your static home page.
If you don’t have one, be sure to create a new page first by going to Pages > Add New. You may also refer to this How to Post to a Page tutorial for more information.
- As always, log in to your dashboard first.
- Go to Settings > Reading.
- Go to Front Page Displays and select A Static Page.
- In the Front Page drop-down menu, select the specific page you want to use. For the Posts Page drop-down, it’s up to you if you’d like to assign another page to display your recent blog posts. Just leave it blank if you’re not gonna use it.
- Finally, hit the Save Changes button and refresh your site.
And that’s how you make a static home page in WP. If all goes well, you should be able to see a steady main page on your website instead of the usual latest posts. Thanks for reading this lesson and don’t forget to check out our other tutorials so you can learn more about WordPress.
Return to the homepage from: Make a Static Home Page in WP
Incoming search terms:
- how to make a static wordpress website